Sunday, April 30, 2017

Our Saucer Magnolia

A few years ago we planted a Saucer Magnolia in our backyard. Finally, this year, it has bloomed in all its glory. The first year it was in, all the buds fell off. The second year, the buds and some small flowers, drooped then fell off. My husband, who has green thumbs and green fingers, decided maybe it was too dry. After it was given a very long drink with the hose, the tree perked up and the blooms looked healthier, but it was a little late in the season then, and the tree did bloom but nothing really outstanding. This year, the tree is bigger, the buds were numerous and healthy in the fall, and this spring they have bloomed. What a glorious specimen. When I wake up in the morning, I can see the blooms and they appear to glow, especially when the sun reaches the flowers. I attempted to capture some of this in my painting. I have included a photo of the tree also but it is a cloudy rainy day today and the photos certainly will not show the glow that the tree has in the sunshine. This was painted on a 12x24 canvas.

       


                   
This painting is for sale for $175 and if you are interested in this one, or any of my paintings, I can be reached at  hazelspleinair@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment