Thursday, March 16, 2017

Edison's Office and Midnight Garden

A few years ago, I painted in Edison's Midnight Garden and enjoyed every moment. This year, when we painted at Edison's Estate in Ft. Myers, I felt myself again drawn to his wife's Midnight Garden behind his office/laboratory . It is a very quiet corner of the Estate, where the thousands of tourists, who visit everyday, by the bus load, tend not to explore. They are busy exploring the swimming pool that Edison erected, beside this small laboratory. When Edison was in his eighties, his wife had this small building erected where he could work if he did not want to face the quite lengthy walk to the main house. There was a couch here, where he could rest and a small lab that could double as an office. After working in the lab, most of the day, he and his wife, could relax together in the Midnight Garden. Most of the flowering bushes and bedding plants were white and the reflecting pool reflected all the candles that would have been  lit around the garden for them to enjoy. What a peaceful scene, that I hoped to capture in  my oil painting.

                            $175
I can be reached at  hazelspleinair@gmail.com if you interested in any of my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment