Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Beautiful Street

Someone sent me a photo of this street, somewhere in Italy, I think. One look at the photo with those beautiful flowers, tended with loving care, and I knew I had to paint it. I knew it would be challenging and I knew I could not grasp all the beautiful colours, but maybe I could convey some of the care and love that had been taken and still was taken, everyday, to keep these pots of flowers looking so lovely. I thought of the number of mornings, when people just did not have the energy, but got up anyway to water the flowers. On the second floor, who carried up the soil, to put in the window box, and who carried all those plants up the stairs, to plant in the boxes. The people who live on this street, love where they live and take pride in their homes. It shows just in the simple fact that someone must sweep their colorful street everyday because there are no petals or leaves on the pavement from all the pots above. I hope I captured some of that for you.

                    
 This oil painting is on an 11x14 board and of course, is for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment