Monday, January 27, 2014

The Old Guardian

 Last week,Jan.15, the plein air group met at Edison Estates. Since this group is from Ft. Myers Beach Art Assoc., the Estate waves the entry fee and about 20 of us, got busy painting. I was so looking forward to taking some photos, for future reference, that I was disappointed that it was cloudy the whole time we were there. Also very chilly, with a brisk wind off the Callusahatchsee River. I saved this photo to paint at home and I hope you an tell that I enjoyed painting it. It is on an 11x14 board. These trees spread over vast areas and you can see much of there strong root systems. They spread though,  from roots that come down from the branches, find the ground and start a new tree. Doesn't that Old Guardian look like he has been there for hundreds of years? He has!
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment