Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Heavenly Biscuit

This really is the name of this wonderful, tiny little cafe on Ft. Myers Beach. It is also the name of the most popular thing on the menu, of course, the heavenly biscuit. It is a flaky, very tasty biscuit. Wonderful!!! I wanted to paint this on the road outside of the cafe but the weather here just did not cooperate. It has been in the low fifties, with strong winds and cloudy. Not the best weather for painting outside, so I took photos and worked inside. The 11x14 board was covered with an orange under painting and I like the way it shows through the finished painting. The sun was just sparkling on the two buildings and I think I captured that. I hope so, because I like the finished painting. Hope you do too.
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment