Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Oil painting course

During the last week, I was fortunate enough to attend Neill Walling's three day course at Ft, Myers Beach Art Association. He started the first morning with a two hour demo using a photo reference. The young  mangrove was the focal point for the painting and as you can see the result was spectacular.

             For the rest of the day we painted and he wandered around helping each of us with individual advice and hands on help.

                                     This is my effort for the rest of the day. 
The next morning he again started with a demo.
 This was accomplished in about an hour, and it was very interesting to watch Neill create this with his own unique style. What follows is my painting for the rest of the day.
 On the last day Neill showed us how  he creates an abstract. He always starts with a vision, an idea that he is working towards and which he keeps in mind throughout. This started as a sunset.
  
 The finished abstract. Of course I had to try it too and for a first abstract, I must admit I am pleased with the result. My vision to start with was a city scape.

No comments:

Post a Comment