Monday, January 9, 2017

Interesting ideas

After I posted my last blog I decided that the painting needed some adjustments. It is amazing how a photo of a painting shows up errors that were not noticed before. There are a few subtle changes. Can you find them?

                        
When I was painting on location, there was an artist behind me who was working on the same cottages and she was using a lot of solvent with her oils. It was different and she was having some frustrations getting the effects she wanted. I thought  it looked like an interesting technique....so I tried it. The oil painting below is done with a lot of solvent and so the drips create an interesting water effect. I then added more paint, when it had dried. I think I might add even more paint on the next attempt of a different scene. I'm not sure. What do you think?

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment