Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Behind Shipwreck Motel

This morning we were very fortunate to be at the Shipwreck Motel, well not real at the  front, but at the back. There were some well shaded docks at the rear of the motel and it was here that the canal came to a dead end and the canal widened out to become a lagoon. This area is a well kept secret but someone in the art assoc. had found out about the lovely views and the motel let us paint on their docks. There were quite a few homes backing onto the canal complete with docks and decks and umbrellas. That is where we painted. I chose these two homes, raised on stilts because of the flooding during hurricanes. I liked the Florida colours of the homes but also the stillness of the lagoon.
When I returned to my car, after lunch, I was not too happy to find a parking ticket on my windshield.  I was not a happy camper as I drove home but my successful painting and the ticket made the day memorable,  at least.

All of the oil paintings on my blog are for sale and I can be reached at 
hazelspleinair@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment