Thursday, November 3, 2016

Cottages on Wolfe Lake


Last weekend we went for a drive up to Westport to capture some of the fall colours and maybe some good sales in the stores in the village. What a perfect day with the sun shining and the trees all decked out in their fall colours. I got some great photos for the winter months of painting indoors. We didn't find any good buys but the stores in Westport are so much fun to browse in and enjoy their unique merchandise. On our way home we decided to travel on the Wolfe Lake Road and I am glad we did. I took this photo of two cottages nestled under the trees, with the leaves just starting to turn. I thoroughly enjoyed painting this on a 16x20 canvas, and as you can see, I'm trying to loosen up in my painting style. Hope you like the result as much as I do. Also, for your information, there is an art show and sale at St Andrews by the Lake United church on Sat. and Sun. this week and I have five pieces in this show. 

                               For sale  $250

All the art work on my blog is for sale and I can be reached at hazelspleinair@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment