Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Napanee River

Wednesday was hot again but our group of dedicated outdoor artists were at the small hamlet of Newburg to paint the Napanee River; and paint we did. Because of the drought that we have had all summer, the river was shallow and easy to wade in to get the best vantage point. We all enjoyed our morning, but by 11:00 I was searching for the shade from the brilliant light of the sun bouncing off the river. Most of my oil painting was done from my photo reference at home the next day.
When lunchtime came, some walked into Newburg to try the bakery for lunch. The sandwiches looked delicious. We didn't hang around very long after lunch because the sun was beating down and the shady spots were getting smaller. Newburg is one little village that I will have to revisit. 
Here is my attempt on an 11x14 board with oil paint. Hope you enjoy it.

                  
This painting and all the paintings on my blog are for sale. This one is $175.

If you are interested in this painting or any others on my blog you can contact me at hazelspleinair@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment