Sunday, August 28, 2016

A lovely spot to sit

When we were in Sydenham painting this summer, I found this rustic pergola beside a stream. It was definitely in someone's large backyard and for the best view I had to trespass. I decided to see if the owners were home, but before I could knock on the door, painters showed themselves. They had been contracted to paint the exterior of the house while the occupants were away on holidays. After a frustrating conversation where they thought we wanted to paint the pergola, and what were we going to use, latex or acrylic, and they didn't have any ladders to reach the top, because they were using them all.........I got my point across; I wanted to paint a picture of the pergola......because I was an artist. We all had a good laugh and they said go ahead. I found a lovely spot in the overgrown garden and "went ahead". Even though I was in full shade there was very little breeze in Sydenham and it was hot work. I finished much of the painting at home in the a/c. 

                                           
This was painted with oils on an 11x14 board and sells for $175
If you want to buy this or any other painting on my blog, I can be reached at hazelspleinair@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment