Sunday, April 10, 2016

Log Cabin the woods

Last Tuesday, April fifth, there was a restlessness in our art group; most wandered around chatting, others, like myself, chatted and walked and paused and chatted some more and generally avoided my art easel. I blame this on the change of seasons. There is a different feeling in the air, a freshness, a waiting. Spring will soon be here. So we are unable to settle down to our art. It  is a changing time and since our art depicts the season we are in, there is a feeling of needing to change. Let me explain. In winter, most paint seasonal snow scenes. In autumn we paint using different colours on our palette, as the trees change. In this, in-between time, before spring is really here, we can't settle on what to paint. We are reluctant to use vibrant greens since there are still no leaves on the trees. We really don't want to paint the snow scenes we have been doing all winter, and so.......we wander, we chat, until motivation or creativity hits, and we are ready to paint again. I chose a photo I had been keeping for a while, and since I have been in an artistic slump lately, I started. I finished this one, on an 11x14 board, at home. It is not one of my better pieces but it does reflect the slump and, maybe,  the restlessness, that many of us were  feeling.

                          
FOR SALE $175
If you are interested in this or any other painting on my blog, please contact me at
          hazelspleinair@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment