Thursday, October 10, 2013

Back to Reality

Two weeks in England was just not long enough! What an incredible place to visit. I had eight days in London and the rest in Leeds. There is so much to see, with such history at every turn that a tourist just doesn't know where to start. I'm glad I did quite a bit of research before going and therefore I was pretty well prepared, but, there is so much when you get there that it can be overwhelming.  My greatest thrill was standing just above the promenade that runs beside the Thames, and staring at the Tower bridge. The bridge was shining in the sunshine and right beside it was the Tower of London. I spent the day there and then had High Tea on a Thames River cruise. What an experience. My favourite. No wait! I really enjoyed Westminster Abbey, the Mall, the castle and the national Art Gallery. That was a great day too. When I was in Leeds, the moors were just there on the horizon. So much green, and the stone walls and the historical villages. I think I will paint Inkley Moor first. I'll have to return some day and do some painting on location and not from photos when I return. What a trip, one I will remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment