Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Farmhouse on Wolfe Is.

When we were plein air painting on Wolfe is. another artist and I decided to drive eastward, out of the small town of Marysville. On the edge of a field sat this farmhouse. I think the occupant had abandoned it a few years ago, but we were not sure. We decided to paint on the side of the road, and we enjoyed our morning. The only hardship was the large gravel trucks that went by every few minutes, it seemed, to service the large wind turbines that were being erected nearby. The dust from the trucks on this dirt road was very thick. EVerything was covered in it, including the painting. Oh well, it just gave it more character. This is painted on an 11x 14 board.

                         
FOR SALE $175
If you are interested in this or any other painting on my blog please contact me at
          hazelspleinair@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Lovely piece! I find that dirt seems to find its way into my paintings as well whenever I paint outside. ; ) #ArtStruggle
    —Charles

    ReplyDelete