Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Portrait

This portrait wa done in a two day Portrait Workshop, that I attended last week.The instructor Mary Klunk has been doing portraits for more than thirty years. With that kind of experience and also her career in teaching, she was a wonderful instructor. There were five of us in the class so she spent all her time circulating amongst us giving advise, after her morning demo. I have never tackled portraits before so there was a steep learning curve for me. We had the same model for the two days, and Mary made sure the lighting was right, which I think, made our task easier. Small mistakes have a very big impact in portraiture and the only reason this portrait is "blog ready", is that Mary had corrected all my little mistakes. Portraiture is challenging, I'm not sure if I will try another, or just enjoy this one.

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment