Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thomas Edison's Study at Edison Estate

Yesterday, we spent the morning painting with a very large group of artists, at Edison Estates in Fort Myers. About 15 artists were there because there is so much to paint at the Estate, and they give us special tags with Artist in the Garden on them, which gives us free admission. I have never painted with so many bus loads of tourists and guides, walking by. There were bus loads from all over the world. I recognized the guides speaking German and Italian, but I'm sure there were more. I think the Estate provides the guides since they were so knowledgeable and gave personal anecdotes along the route. 
Last year when we went to the same location, there was a very cold breeze blowing off the Caloosesee Hatchee River and it was cloudy. This year there was no sun all day and it was cool, but just a light breeze. I found this lovely spot right behind Thomas Edison study where his wife created a Midnight Garden with a Reflection Pool. The flowers here were all white so you could see them in the night. The Reflection pool, of course, reflects any light there is. I esp. liked the chimney, made of stones from the nearby river side. I hope I did this quiet, tranquil site justice.

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment