Sunday, November 30, 2014

On Loon Lane

This oil painting was done from a photo  that was taken when we painted on Loon Lane during the summer months. This was one location that I was looking forward to since the year before I had been delighted with the lane way and various rustic sheds and buildings. I set up to paint during the summer paint out in this spot. I was excited by the Lane, those buildings, and the sunlight. My notan was looking very good and I was looking forward to the actual painting. Things did not turn out as I had planned. The nearly finished painting was scraped off. What a wet, uninspired mess it was. Now the end of November and I thought I was ready to attack the scene again. This is the result. I am very pleased with the painting, the second time around.

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment