Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Stream at Babcock Mill

Today being Wednesday we were painting outside at Babcock Mill in Odessa. The weather was not cooperating however; it was totally overcast all morning, with high humidity. There were warnings of thunderstorms in the morning weather forecast as well. In spite of this, we met as usual at 9:00 and chose our own spot to paint. As you can tell from the finished painting, I did not paint the Mill. Instead I looked up the stream from the mill to where the concrete abuttments crossed the water. There was an old pathway across the top of them, but it was closed off. I liked the crossover pathway and the large willow tree, over the stream, so that's what I painted. Luckily, we had only one light, short shower and no thunderstorms. I was especially pleased because I chose to paint under a very large tree.


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment