Sunday, September 8, 2013

Wilton Pottery, Side Door

This is the Wednesday we painted in Wilton, a small  village not far from Kingston. There are some very old limestone homes in and near the village which is surrounded by farm land. There is not much great farmland around Kingston, because of the Canadian Shield and the limestone bedrock; but grazing seems to flourish in the Wilton area. When I was standing in the driveway of Wilton Pottery to paint this, a farmer was cutting his hay in the field behind the buildings. In fact there is a working farmhouse and farm buildings in the village itself. It was a very pleasant morning, even if the temperature was in the fifties. In fact a couple of the artists did their art work inside the car! I was glad I had a jacket and long pants. I do wish I had taken my toque!
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment