Friday, March 22, 2013

The Shrimp Fleet corrected

This painting is a repeat of a previous one on my blog. You may be able to find some small changes that I think improve the painting. The background was too dark and needed more lights since the sun was shining in that direction. I also lightened up the foreground and I am pleased with that result. I also added additional highlights throughout the painting. I learned some good lessons while doing this Plein air painting. The position of my easel in relation to the sun, is key. By the time I finished, on site, the sun was high and very bright sparkling off the water, between me and the scene. This made my view of my painting in front of the sparkling water, very difficult. When I was finished on site, the painting was over all, too dark. Now that I have spent more time on it, I am more pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment